The e-IRGSP5 work plan has been designed to accomplish the objectives of the project in an efficient and effective way. Overall, the project has five work packages, which are subdivided into tasks. The horizontal work packages WP1 and WP5 deal with project management and dissemination, respectively. Furthermore WP5 will assist the delegates in their liaison with stakeholders. Work package WP2 provides full secretarial support including the organisation of e-IRG meetings and workshops. Work package WP3 supports the policy-oriented activities of the delegates.
- WP1 – Project Management provides efficient, effective and timely overall management and coordination of the project. WP1 supervises the progress of all other work packages and their tasks, mitigates unexpected risks by eventually initiating corrective actions, and manages the resources of the project. WP1 organises an effective internal communication within the project and stimulates a coherent and consistent approach across the tasks. WP1 is responsible for timely communication with the European Commission.
- WP2 – Secretariat provides the secretarial services necessary for the communications between the e-IRG Chair, the e-IRG Executive Board16, the delegates, the advisory board and for the internal communications of the support project. The secretariat keeps minutes of all e-IRG and e-IRGSP5 meetings, and manages the mailing lists and the content of the e-IRG website. WP2 assists the EU presidency country with the organisation of the delegate meetings and the workshops.
- WP3 – Policy Support supports the creation of all policy documents of e-IRG (White Pa- pers, Roadmaps, Recommendations, Task Force reports and Guidelines Documents). Besides providing the support for production and dissemination, WP3 will gather relevant information on national, European and global e-Infrastructures' programmes, on activities in major fields of science with e-infrastructural requirements and also on required legal and financial issues related to e-Infrastructures and to education and training requirements. WP3 will also keep track of relevant technology developments. The aim of these information-collecting activities is to provide the delegates and the editors with background and reference information to produce contemporary policy documents.
- WP4 – Policy Information Collection and Aggregation analyses relevant policy inform- ation with impact on the development of EC funded e-Infrastructures, including KPIs and cost-related information. A special methodology to assess and aggregate metrics will be elabor- ated in conjunction with the e-IRG ‘Working Group on the evaluation of e-Infrastructures and the development of related KPIs'. It must be flexible to be adapted when the views on KPIs are mature and can then scale to a considerable level. Collected and aggregated information will be available to the e-IRG community and other policy makers. One of the WP4 tasks is also to provide input to WP3 in order to prepare a policy document devoted to the cost-effectiveness of e-Infrastructures.
- WP5 – Dissemination, Liaison and Communication reaches out to external stakeholders and creates awareness of the activities of e-IRG. A major task for WP5 is the dissemination of e- IRG's policy documents. WP5 further produces information material and disseminates it both directly, through a dedicated website, and at European and international events. WP5 main- tains the e-IRG social media activities and provides the e-IRG workshop reports. Furthermore WP5 provides support for the liaison between e-IRG and ESFRI and other e-Infrastructure and research infrastructure initiatives and stakeholders.